- 2 cup(s) uncooked broccoli, small florets
- 9 oz frozen cheese tortellini without sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), sliced
- 2 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 Tbsp basil, fresh, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried
- 8 large olive(s), pitted and halved
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest, grated
Steam the broccoli in a steaming basket over 1 inch boiling water until just barely tender-crisp, 2 – 3 minutes. Place the broccoli in a colander and cool under cold running water; drain and set aside.
Cook the tortellini according to the package directions; drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring constantly, until the tomatoes just begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Add the broccoli, tortellini, basil, olives, and lemon zest and cook, stirring, until just heated through. Yields 1 1/4 cups per serving.