WINSTON-SALEM, N.C.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–
L’eggs, the iconic hosiery brand, has partnered with Dress for Success to launch its new campaign, Walk Tall, on Giving Tuesday. The one-day global event builds on the energy of Black Friday and Cyber Monday to encourage consumers to give a gift to charitable organizations during the holiday season.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171127005624/en/
The L’eggs Walk Tall campaign combines the brand’s heritage as a workwear staple with modern messaging to inspire women to support each other in the workplace. L’eggs will dedicate all its paid media on Giving Tuesday to drive donations to Dress for Success, whose mission is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
“L’eggs and Dress for Success have both played an integral role in supporting women in the workforce,” said Tricia Bouras, vice president & general manager for HanesBrands. “We hope this campaign drives awareness of L’eggs and Dress for Success among a new generation of women – and inspires them to ‘walk tall’ in their careers and work together to help each other be successful.”
The brand’s mission to connect Dress for Success with a new generation of women stemmed from the nonprofit sharing a desire to empower and connect more women in the early stages of their careers.
To gather insights about how women of different generations view the connection between confidence and workplace attire, L’eggs partnered with Frank About Women, a marketing-to-women consultancy, to survey1 more than 400 women age 22–59. Survey findings showed that younger women feel the greatest pressure when it comes to their professional appearance. Three out of four women feel that having a mentor is important to them, especially if it allows women to boost one another up — validating the importance of Dress for Success’s mission, especially among millennial women.
L’eggs/Frank About Women Survey Findings:
- Most women agree that there are expectations about how to dress at work.
- This is strongest among women under age 30, with 71 percent agreeing.
- Younger women feel the greatest pressure attached to their appearance in the workplace.
- 70 percent of women under age 30 feel pressured to dress a certain way based on how their colleagues dress and act. With each generation surveyed, that pressure decreases.
- Two out of three women ages 22–29 agree that “Dressing the part” helps boost their confidence, compared to just half of women surveyed, age 50 and older.
- Having a female mentor is important to women of all ages.
- 77 percent of women ages 22–59 feel that having a mentor and a professional sisterhood is important to them, especially if it allows women to boost one another up.
“We’re so excited to be launching the Walk Talk campaign with L’eggs on Giving Tuesday this year,” said Joi Gordon, CEO of Dress for Success Worldwide. “Its support drives forward our mission to empower more women around the world to achieve lifelong self-sufficiency. A donation of just $20 allows us to provide a woman with a career-counseling session that will help her gain the confidence to Walk Tall into a job interview.”
Individual monetary donations of $20 or more are proven to have an extensive impact on the 1 million women served at Dress for Success to date:
- $50 provides resources and training to help her prepare for her first job interview.
- $100 provides her the experience of her first “suiting,” complete with a personal shopper.
- $500 provides her with access to workforce development programs to help get her hired.
- $1,000 provides her with lifelong learning programs to encourage better money management and civic engagement.
The Walk Tall campaign will launch in the social space and include influencer-created content that inspires professional mentorship and success. The Giving Tuesday partnership will feature influencer Janelle Lloyd of @WaitYouNeedThis and her experience styling two Dress for Success Ambassadors.
“Dress for Success has spent two decades bringing like-minded women together to develop the tools and style to pursue the careers of their dreams. If you want to see more women running things in the workplace, DFS is the perfect organization to support,” said Lloyd. “The future is female, after all!”
To make a donation to Dress for Success, please visit www.dressforsuccess.org/walktall.
About Hanesbrands Inc.
HanesBrands (HBI) is a socially responsible leading marketer of everyday basic innerwear and activewear apparel in the Americas, Europe, Australia and Asia-Pacific. The company markets T-shirts, bras, panties, shapewear, underwear, socks, hosiery, and activewear under some of the world’s strongest apparel brands, including Hanes, Champion, Maidenform, DIM, Bali, Playtex, Bonds, JMS/Just My Size, Nur Die/Nur Der, L’eggs, Lovable, Wonderbra, Berlei, and Gear for Sports. More information about the company and its award-winning corporate social responsibility initiatives may be found at www.Hanes.com/corporate. Connect with HanesBrands via social media on Twitter (@hanesbrands) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/hanesbrandsinc).