Mom’s Spaghetti Recipe: An Ode To Eminem
Eminem recently came out with his new merchandise line, Stan, an ode to his character off of his album “Slim Shady LP.” His website is full of plenty of clothing options, including hats, t-shirts and hoodies. Of course, all we could think of when hearing of the news was, “mom’s spaghetti,” the infamous line from “Lose Yourself.” So, you can thank Eminem for inspiring this delicious spaghetti recipe that’s good enough to be your mom’s famous dish!
1 lb. ground beef
1/3 c. breadcrumbs
1/4 c. finely chopped parsley
1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
1/2 c. Onion, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
1 35-oz. can crushed tomatoes in puree
Freshly ground black pepper
1 lb. spaghetti, prepared according to package instructions
1. In a large bowl, combine beef with breadcrumbs, parsley, parmesan, egg, garlic, salt and pepper flakes. Mix until just combined and form into 16 balls.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, add1 tbsp oil. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
3. Remove meatballs and reserve on plate.
4. Add the remaining olive oil and onion and saute until onion is translucent. Add bay leaf and crushed tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Add the meatballs back into the pot, cover and simmer until the sauce has thickened, 8-10 minutes.
5. Serve pasta with a healthy scoop of meatballs and sauce. Top with parmesan and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Delish