Its so fun to dress up and go to a Gala Fashion Event and Feel and Look like a princess.
18 Tiny Details That Will Make You Love The 2021 Met Gala Looks Even More
With all this *fashion* going on, there were bound to be some super clever details involved in the creation of these pieces. Here are just a few:
4. Amanda Gorman’s Vera Wang dress is inspired by the Statue of Liberty. She said herself, “The crown and laurel is where the word ‘poet laureate’ comes from, which I’ve been honored to be given that title.”
5. Saweetie’s Christian Cowan gown is embellished with 10 million crystals. The train has the Black American heritage flag and Filipino flag in it, as an homage to Saweetie’s own heritage, and apparently came together in less than a day.
6. Maisie Williams’ look is inspired by The Matrix — check out her nails — and is designed by her boyfriend, Reuben Selby.
9. Pete Davidson is wearing Fred Leighton garnets as a tribute to his late father and others who lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks. He’s also wearing a dress.
10. Grimes’ look (and sword) is inspired by Dune and she’s wearing a mask from the original movie. The Iris van Herpen look took 900 hours to make and includes 26 meters silk.
11. Megan Rapinoe’s bag reads “In gay we trust.”
12. While Kris Jenner’s carrying a ball and chain.
13. Karlie Kloss’s dress (and bag) is inspired by the USA’s national flower: a rose.
14. Ciara’s Dundas dress features the football jersey number of her husband, Russell Wilson, as well as his Super Bowl ring. There’s even a tiny bedazzled football clutch.
17. The print on Naomi Osaka’s Louis Vuitton dress was designed by her sister, Mari, and features koi fish as a reference to her Japanese heritage.