10 Reasons Why High School Sports Benefit Students
While club sports have become a popular pastime for both students and college recruiters, there is still a lot to be said for playing for your high school team. According to Unigo, students who participate in high school sports learn the benefit of representing their community on the field or court. These athletes learn the fun of team rivalries and revel in the praise of a job well done for their school. This feeling of community and the honor of representing the home team may run over into college athletics if the student advances in his sport as well.
- Time management skills
- Creativity in finding ways to improve
- Strong focus and concentration development
- Internal skills for handling pressure
- Learning when to take risks
- Taking responsibility for individual performance