- 2 hothouse cucumbers, halved and seeded, but not peeled
- 3 red bell peppers, cored and seeded
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 2 red onions
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 46 ounces tomato juice (6 cups)
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
Roughly chop the cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, and red onions into 1-inch cubes. Put each vegetable separately into a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse until it is coarsely chopped. Do not overprocess!
After each vegetable is processed, combine them in a large bowl and add the garlic, tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well and chill before serving. The longer gazpacho sits, the more the flavors develop.
Copyright 1999, The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook by Ina Garten, Clarkson Potter/Publishers, All Rights Reserved
From the cookbook
Keep In Touch!
Sign up and I’ll send you great recipes and entertaining ideas every week!