Today I am making this easy and yummy Cauliflower Vegetable for dinner. I would recommend this dish. And you don’t have to have this with Roti or Tortillas, can have with some brown rice and yogurt on the side.
Cauliflower sabzi is the most common vegetable dish found in everyday cooking and this phool gobi sabzi is made with simple spices and quick in making.
Phool gobi sabji can be made in various ways and here I am posting a simple way of making this sabzi and something that can be used along with rotis during breakfast or can be mixed with rice and packed in lunch boxes.
We can make various kinds of dishes with the vegetables that are commonly available in our day to day life and I would be glad to share every variety of those vegetables if I get a positive feedback from my readers.
As non veg gives a taste, vegetarian recipes too are good for health and light and packed with many health benefits. Including a vegetarian diet is important too for a healthy life.
I suggest to make gobhi ki sabzi with many variations and one would be glad to know how a vegetable can be made in various forms.
I would love to use gobhi/gobi or cauliflower to make it in the gravy form or masala, gobi 65 recipes or one can use it to make gobi manchurian or fry them and in many more ways.
Here, I have not made use of any tomatoes to get the gravy but have used onions to make the plain cauliflower sabzi.
This is my first post on cauliflower sabzi which has been made in a very easy method and can be cooked in no time. While making gobi sabzi recipes the important point is in cleaning this vegetable.
HOW TO CLEAN CAULIFLOWER TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER SABZI RECIPE OR ANY GOBI RECIPE:
1.Remove the leaves and cut off the stem at the bottom of the cauliflower with the help of a knife.
2.Firstly, separate big florets from the cauliflower.
3.Then remove any insects or mainly tiny worms that are hidden or crawling around those florets with a sharp object or knife.
4.If the florets are too large break them into small pieces.
5.Take a vessel, add water and boil it. Add salt if required.
6.Add the florets into the boiling water and blanch them for few seconds.
7.It makes the gobi white and removes the dirt, unwanted impurities and worms if there are any.
8.Drain the hot water and pour cold water on the gobi pieces and let the cold water drain completely.
9.Take the gobi pieces out on a towel to dry them or put the pieces in the sieve for a long time for the excess water to be drained out.
10.The cauliflower florets can now be used to make any gobhi sabji.
RECIPE ON HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER SABJI/SABZI BELOW:
- 500 gms cauliflower/gobi florets cleaned and washed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2-3 slit green chillies
- 3-4 medium sized onions finely chopped
- salt – to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder(lal mirch)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder(haldi)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- Firstly, clean the florets and keep them aside.
- Take a cooking vessel, add oil and heat it.
- Add chopped onions and slit green chillies.
- Saute them until translucent(not light brown just soft).
- Add salt, red chilli powder, add turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, mix and cook the mixture for a minute on low flame.
- Add gobi/ cauliflower florets into the masala, mix the gobi well.
- Cover the lid and cook for few minutes.
- Stir it and cook for few more minutes.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of water if required.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix.
- Cover the lid and cook for few minutes until the gobi is done or tender.
- Serve hot with roti or steamed rice.
2.If one is using a pressure cooker then 1 whistle on high flame is enough to make the gobi tender.