Brunello Cucinelli & family
- The “king of cashmere,” designer Brunello Cucinelli dropped out of engineering school and used a $550 loan to launch a fashion line in 1978.
- Inspired by brightly-colored wool sweaters, he set out to create a similar garment in cashmere.
- Today his eponymous luxury brand is best known for those cashmere sweaters, but also sells dresses, suits, shoes, handbags and accessories.
- Cucinelli took the $630 million (2018 sales) company public in 2012, listing its shares on the Italian stock exchange.
- Since 1985 he has operated Brunello Cucinelli SpA from his headquarters in Solomeo, a medieval Italian hamlet that he has renovated for his employees.
SOURCE OF WEALTHfashion, Self Made