15-Minute Lemon Garlic Butter Steak with Zucchini Noodles
15-Minute Lemon Garlic Butter Steak with Zucchini Noodles — So much flavor and nearly IMPOSSIBLE to mess up! Delicious juicy marinated steak and zucchini noodles cook up together in just one pan for a quick low carb meal you’ll be crazy about. The marinade helps to tenderize and infuse the steak with savory flavor and links up the cooking juices into a sauce worth sipping by the spoon!
INGREDIENTS LIST FOR THE LEMON GARLIC BUTTER STEAK STEAK AND ZUCCHINI NOODLES
- 1 1/2 lb (650g) flank steak, sliced against the grain
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/4 cup (60ml) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
The steak marinade
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (or any hot chili sauce you like)
1. Combine the ingredients for the marinade in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag. Add the steak strips into the marinade, seal and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour.
2. In the meantime, wash and trim the ends of the zucchini. Using a spiralizer, make the zucchini noodles, then set aside.
3. Bring the steak to room temperature and heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat — reserve the juices of the marinade for later. Add the steak strips in one layer and season with salt and pepper. Cook for one minute without stirring.
4. Add minced garlic, then stir the steak for another minute or two to cook the other side. Remove the steak from the skillet and set aside to a plate.
5. In the same skillet, add butter, lemon juice and zest, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and remaining marinade juices. Bring to a simmer and allow to reduce for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
6. Stir in the fresh parsley, then add the zucchini noodles and toss for two to three minutes to cook it up. Allow the cooking juices to reduce for one minute if the zucchini renders too much water. Add the steak strips back to the pan and stir for another minute. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Instead of broth, you can enrich the dish with dry white wine.
- You can also cook your steak whole to the desired doneness, have it rest for a couple of minutes, then cut into strips afterward.
- Zucchini tends to render a lot of water when cooking, so you can sprinkle with salt after spiralizing and allow to sit for a couple of minutes to take off excess water. Rinse well to get rid of salt and drain thoroughly in a colander before cooking.
SHOP RELATED ITEMS